10/17/10

overdue.

I really need a tripod. I can't just keep balancing my camera on the top of the stairs or random poles and shelves on the wall -.- Sighh, but it works for now.

So it was my birthday on Oct. 9. I didn't really celebrate it, what with midterms going on, and everyone's hectic schedules... There's literally no time to have a party. My family decided to just go out for a small family dinner, and I didn't even bring it up with friends (though I still got the gazillion standard Facebook birthday wishes and random acknowledgments). I feel kinda bad... I mean, it is my 17th birthday... and it should be special... But is it any different from my 16th? Or even my 15th? Hell no. I don't feel any different than I did when I first walked through the doors of high school -- that's right, I still feel like an awkward eighth grader, trying to navigate through life, cautious and hesitating.

I didn't get anything special for my birthday. And I don't begrudge my family for that. My parents have spent money on me since the day I was born, for clothes and food and payments for the house... Why ask for more? I think I've got a clearer mind now than I had before, when dealing with my family.

So maybe I have grown up a little. Just a little.

I still get loud, and I still get angry over little things... But being grown up means being able to hide our emotions better, isn't it?

xxx

21 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! (:

    Aww, I know what you mean. It's starting to feel that all birthdays are the same. It doesn't feel as special as it used to be - when I was a kid. I'm amazed at your thinking: How you don't begrudge your family for not getting you anything special for your birthday. Very mature! I only started thinking like that at 18 years old. -___-

    Oh, and I need a tripod too. I usually balance my DSLR on tables and it falls over at times (makes me panic like crazy).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 17th! I usually get books for my birthday (I admit, I'm a nerd), I dont really bother with birthday presents, I just love the birthday parties.
    I usually get my sister to take pictures of me, so much easier, but then I usually have to reward her by taking pictures of her. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mimi, we have the same birthday!! except i am 7 years older =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! happy belated 17th birthday! i didn't have a big celebration for my past birthday either, but we did celebrate like you did, and that was more than enough. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated bday! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. and these pics rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!(:
    Wish you all the best, Mimi!
    Well, don't be sad if you didn't have birthday party. The important thing is, you and your family always be together;D

    Cheers,
    Dreamy Princess
    ~I wonder what it's like to live in Paris~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthdayyyy ^-^!!

    I don't think birthdays are really that much of a big deal but it's always fun to celebrate now and then. And hmm, I don't think change happens immediately anyways:/

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

    just wanted to say hi

    hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BELATED!!! So exciting that you're one year older. You certainly look more beautiful with each passing day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy belated bday loveee <3
    once again i love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday, a bit late :)
    I am also a child of October. Uuu, very poetic.
    Anyway, I wish you all the good things and to stay smart and good and pretty like you were until now. Also, wear that lipstick (on the photos) as often as you can ;)
    And again, thank you for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool yay for the giveaway how fun
    www.rawfashionmagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy belated! you look so cute in these photos


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated birthday.. I love your style!! Now following you! Can't wait to see more posts!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely ; ) your blog is really interesting :)


    if you want follow me :* <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha your pics are still cute even without a tripod :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute layout and even cuter giveaway! Boy, I've missed reading your blogs!

    - xo, kyki ♥

    lunacy--fringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! you look really beautiful :) i love the t-shirt! i follow you :D

    http://monpetitetoile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY SUPER-BELATED BIRTHDAY
    - I'm not supergirl :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. your style is great, i really like your blog

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...