12/29/10

eek 2011?

Where did the time go? Can you guys believe it? A whole new year ahead of us. I'll have to remember to write 2011 instead of 2010 when I start dating my pages of homework.
Augh, I still haven't applied to any scholarships. I really should start... My mom printed out a bunch and gave them to me at the start of winter break and I still haven't looked at them.
My supplementary application for Sauder hasn't been finished yet either.
And yes, I will keep complaining about homework... Because I have a shitload to begin and finish by Jan. 4, 2011(!).

Well, here's a quick review of AcneFree, supposedly "America's #1 Best Selling Acne Treatment" (Hey, I thought Proactiv was #1? :P).
Overall: ★★★☆☆
I used this treatment November of 2009 to January 2010. The "Renewing Toner" ran out first, and it was actually my only preferred product out of the whole treatment. I had to stop using the "Purifying Cleanser" because the scrubbing beads hurt and damaged my skin! Scrubs are generally not recommended for people with acne, by the way, America's #1 Treatment my ass.

I bought the 3 step-treatment for ~$30, and it came with 2 bottles of the Purifying Cleanser, 1 bottle of Renewing Toner, and 1 bottle of Repair Lotion (which was basically just 3.7% Benzoyl Peroxide in a bottle). I didn't like that it came with NO MOISTURIZER at all, so I bought a separate Neutrogena Oil-Free moisturizer to use. Why did they put 2 bottles of the cleanser in the box? I will never know. I still had both bottles, after I finished using the toner and lotion, so I just threw the cleansers out because they were TERRIBLE for my skin.

My skin? It was alright. After using the treatment for a month, most of my acne was under control. However, I had a suspicion that the beads were damaging my skin in the long run, and I think I was correct. I absolutely had to stop using the treatment after the second month because of the cleanser. Scrubs tend to break skin and spread bacteria all over one's face... Not good.

So I give the Acnefree treatment a 3/5 stars. I loved the toner, and the lotion was alright. BP is great for killing the acne bacteria. But the cleanser is CRAP. Please don't buy it... If you can find separates, buy only the toner and the lotion. Not the cleanser. Okay? (:

~
I actually have a few outfit pics to post... but they're still on my camera. Sorry for my laziness. Procrastination's my middle name. Ya da ya da... I will get those up soon.

My break was pretty good. Spent time with the fam. Opened prez. Ate food. Watched over little kids while adults partied. Went to movies. Slept over at a friends.

Only 4 more days until winter break ends... Really? I have so much to do... To begin doing. I was going to write something. Now I don't have the time to ):

Ah well.

Here's some inspiration for those who do have the time to write:

1 weheartit, 2 teenvogue, 3 4 5 various tumblrs




And look, hey, some motivation for me:
xoxo
Mimi

10 comments:

  1. It's kind of amazing how 2011 is just right around the corner ;-; ! LOL. Complain about homework!! Ahhhhhhh. I'm glad that Australia has Summer break now and Uni doesn't resume till March (H) !

    OUTFIT POSTS NAO ;A; hehe <3 jokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely post! these pictures are fab, happy 2011!

    BM

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really heart the second picture. Just sayin'. I wish my hair was that swingy, long, and shiiiiiny. :)

    - kyki xx

    BLESSEDWITHGOODJEANs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photos, they'll make up for the outfit photos you didn't post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi~ I just found your blog! i like how u are trying to find urself through writing
    im also from canada, almost same age ;) n i play piano too
    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was going to use that acnefree when i was breaking out... thank goodness that i didn't because it's so expensive and i had a feeling that it wasn't going to be that good either.

    so sorry that the scrubs damaged your skin a little bit. i say you try st ives apricot scrub. i love love it!!!! i dunno if you will though but hey... it's worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've on all occasions liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to well-wishing of rightful fritter away all at once staring at it as a configuration of catharsis. In a way, it helps me with meditation, to free emphasis and well-grounded deem about nothing. That's why since I was a kid, instead of dolls and cars I've eternally sedate more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, harmonious boxes etc. So I was most charmed when I base the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Shine Manifest Laser Outstrip Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com protection the Toys section. It's like a musical belt, a spinning head, and a light verify all rolled into one. Which is spectacular amusement! The gyroscope transfer concoct object of around a minute. The laser enlightenment display with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a very corresponding exactly toy that my friends be suffering with also been most amused with.

    My dogs are also pretty curious around the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They each occupy oneself with the gyroscope as it spins, although at first they kept barking at the laser light show, and also because it produces music. But after they got employed it, they've stopped barking but due save up following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also pretty amused nearby it. Occasionally it's meet to have entertaining toys throughout the blood so that you can pull out the toy on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you open to get up foodstuffs or receive changed. The gyroscope is a particular such trinket with this purpose.

    The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a pattern on it, and produces a taper exposition with red, dispirited, and unripened colours. Pit oneself against a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser joyful show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that great but facts plenty to entertain any supplementary customer to the house. The gyroscope is red and jet-black, making it look extraordinarily cold, and to some arrogant with that dragon imprint.

    The music luminescence make clear gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also acclimatized this gyroscope to stagger my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy matter of decorating the hostelry latitude with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as correctly so that the laser torchlight expose produces a ideal effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the understanding effects created a degree romantic atmosphere. She loved it, by the custom, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my non-performance shopping locality suitable all gifts and ideas in behalf of emotional occasions.

    Since Christmas is coming, this laser go down playing gyroscope can dialect mayhap be a superb Christmas give-away in behalf of the toddler or even the favoured! Alternatively, the gyroscope can simply be a gracious totalling to the traditional Christmas decorations. I can fancy placing it near the Christmas tree and perchance spinning it when guests hit town in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my function yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hate how some products are advertised to be the best.. and for me.. theydont work at all XD ranging from hairdyes, facial cleansers, etcetc. D:

    love the photos. especially the one with yami in it. i used to love yugioh. ah, i was such a nerd. XD ♥ and still am, lol XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi , this is my new make up blog furthermore of fashion be follow you either.


    can we follow each other too?

    My another blog is viceforfashion.blogspot.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...