3/15/11

UPDATE'D

Heya guys! Just some news I wanna share with y'all, since I haven't blogged for a while. A... very... long while. /facepalm. So... good news or bad news first? Okay, let's start with the good news, work our way up to the ungood/unbad news and then slowly move into bad news bears territory.

Good news: I'm admitted to the faculty of science at UBC! Just found out today, and by gosh by golly I was excited. I checked my application status at my school's library so I think I ran over a few Grade 8's on my way out, due to my overwhelming excitement. Heh.

Neutral news: UBC is still reviewing my supplementary application for the Sauder School of Business, so fingers crossed! Business is my 1st choice, so... I'm really hoping I get in. If I don't, I guess it's science pour moi :3

Bad news: THE WORLD IS ENDING IN 2012. I ONLY HAVE 3 SHORT MONTHS TO ENJOY MY POST-SECONDARY ACADEMIC CALLING, AND THEN, KABOOM, THE END, LA FIN.

Oh just kidding, there aren't any bad news. Hah. The look on your faces. Well, if I could see the look on your faces, I would say "Hah, the look on your faces".


OKAY! For this post, I'm going to host the second Soyconfessions outfit showdown (like the one I had last summer). Your assignment? (A) Try to guess how much each article of clothing cost, and (B) try to guess which outfit was cheaper. Then simply scroll below the picture for the answer (:

Tips: 1) Remember I am the Queen of Cheap. If it ain't cheap, it ain't chic. That's what Grammy Mimi always told me. (Well not really, but you get my point. Right? Right.)
2) I do thrift.
3) I also like retail.

4) I also shop online.
4) These are really unhelpful tips :/

5) Okay, I'll stop.



LET THE SHOWDOWN BEGIN
#1

...
...
...
Cropped tee: Unlabeled, FREE (swapped with a girl online)
Acid-washed Shorts: Urban Planet, $10
Knit Sweater: Thrifted @ Value Village (labeled Aeropostale), $7.99
Outer Cardigan: Sirens, $10
Vintage Chain Bag: FREE (giveaway from another blogger)
Wedge Boots: Eleventwentytwo, $35 w/ FREE shipping

TOTAL COST: $62.99


 #2
...
...
...
Black Maxi Dress: Hand-me-down from coworker, FREE
Checkered Structured Cardigan: Mom's closet, FREE
Black Backpack: Thrifted @ Salvation Army, $10.99
Cutout Heels: Army & Navy (labelled Gianni Bini), $39.00
TOTAL COST: $49.99

And Outfit #2 is the winner! Boy, wasn't that fun. (If you said "NO", a little piece of me just died inside. Actually, I could care less. Well, I kinda do care. Just kinda. If this post bored you out of your mind, don't hesitate to drop me a comment saying "YOU SUCK". I will respond by sucking less in future posts.)
Thanks for playing, lovelies (; Have a good week. Spring break in four days!!!

love,
Mimi.

P.S. Next post: Review on the Hair Sponge, bought here.

12 comments:

  1. Wedge heels! so cute!

    I just got these boots from Kohls, they're probably the ugliest things on the earth, but they're so ugly that they're kind of cute, and plus I don't even have to tie them :)

    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/shoes/bootsnew/juniors/PRD~716215/SO+Detect+Ankle+Boots.jsp

    If you wanna look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I dont think I did it properly :( Oh well, if I did I would have soo thought that the first outfit would be cheaper but, hey, those are really, really, really nice boots!

    You have really nice legs, I must say, and your hair! I must steal your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh (almost forgot).

    CONGRADULATIONS! You have every right to run over some 8th Graders, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATSSSS on your sci entry! and possible business one :D :D

    and damnn, I like the first outfit a lot but DAMN FOR IT BEING MORE EXPENSIVE >:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the outfits! they're really nice, and cheap lol. in my place i bought some pieces from the flea market and because it's a developing country here the price is $1 only haha i feel so poor for telling this ;__; oh and congrats! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you have such amazing style!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on getting into UBC ! :D i feel .. so young TAT orz;;

    my uncle ( 18 O __ o " ) got into science too XD buisness was his first choice.. but i dont tihnk he got in D:

    awh, if the world ended in 2012 .. im doomed TT TT i gotta eat while i can .. XD jks~

    LOL queen of cheap. Chinese saying: cheap! cheap is good! cheap cheap CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!11!!@##$# . that sums up what i've learned about buying things SO FAR. :>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratz on being admitted : D
    iHope you ge into the Buisness school ~

    & Those shoes are really adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it!!!
    this style is super....=D
    you´re great
    xxx


    1sillaparamibolsoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a newbie, I just exploring via google for material that can help me, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...