5/14/11

this is my motivation.

My lovely friend, Nancy, has recently started writing her own blog! You might remember her from these posts from the past. She's fabulous, friendly, and extremely funny, so I suggest you guys take a look. You'll like what you see. She's got a different take on things, and though Nancy and I may not seem similar at first glance (she's the sweetheart type and I'm the bad-girl type), we are the same at heart: two girls who like fashion, art, life, literature, and... everything else!

beige cardigan (in XL): Garage Clothing; plaid skirt: Sirens; fishnet tights: Target; RESTORE JAPAN TEE: BLUENOTES
Bluenotes has been selling these Help Restore Japan tees for a while now, and they're only $10 CAD. 100% of proceeds go towards the Japan Earthquake 2011 victims! Get them while you can: you'll do some good, and look snazzy. I could only find an XL size in Women's at the particular store I was in, so I decided to just buy it. It's a little baggy on me, but it's definitely worth it to help the victims! In other relief news, our school recently raised over $3000 CAD to donate to the Earthquake victims, by folding over 1250 cranes. By working together... we raised more money than we could've by doing it alone.

This post ends on a spontaneous note, for I've decided to write a list of things to... indulge in my vanity. I.e. to clear my skin. You may have noticed I didn't show my face in this outfit post. And you can probably guess why. Two words -- 1) BREAK. 2) OUT. So, voila, here's a list to motivate me to achieve near-flawless skin before PROM, which is on June 11, aaaaah.

1) Sleep at least 8 hours a night. This will be the hardest to do for me, since I'm basically a nocturnal animal most of the time. Boo.
2) Drink 6 - 8 glasses of water a day. Not too hard... unless I don't have time to drink water... But now that school's over and all I have to worry about are exams, I'd say this is gonna be one of the easiest to do on this list.
3) STOP STRESSING. Relax at least 15 minutes a day, just resting. By resting, I mean no TV, no computer, just maybe reading a nice book, or writing in my journal (okay, yes, I know this is very dorky-like but I do keep a journal... where I write all my emo feelings in hahah).
4) STOP TOUCHING MY FACE/PICKING MY FACE. I swear I have OCD or something because my hands always seem to travel to my face. Especially when I'm thinking hard about something, or worried, or just plain bored. And picking never helps! It just makes it worse.
5) Set up a daily skincare routine that I will follow, no matter what. I will blog about this routine once I establish it. Hah... Sigh.
6) Eat better. This is gonna be hard... I'm a junkfoodie. Hahah, junkfoodie. I like that word. NO. NO. I must NOT like the word "junkfoodie" for it is BAD. VERY BAD. I must eat HEALTHY. "HEALTHYFOODIE" is better.
7) Try to wear less makeup on a regular basis, and save it for special occasions.. LIKE PROM, HOLLA.

And oh:
8) Find prom partner! I have someone in mind, but I dunno if I should keep waiting or just.. ask?

Hopefully, I'll look like this in ONE MONTH:
via http://makeupforlife.net/2007/02/celebrity-breakdown-xii-raine-yang.html
Hahahahah... Anyhoo...
I will do a review on the O.P.I. Black Shatter nail polish soon! And stay tuned for an update on my skin (though I'm sure you guys are already sick of hearing about my skin, hahah...) and all the upcoming posts!

Love,
Mimi.

P.S. 50% OFF SALE @ VALUE VILLAGE (CANADIAN STORES ONLY) THIS MONDAY, MAY 16 FROM 7AM - 9PM! You know where I'll be (;

7 comments:

  1. i love ur plaid skirt :3 i hate break outs too but don't let it get u down :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 <3 XD
    -Nancy
    Plus, my skin is dying too!!
    I'm going to try eating no junk food, less milk (not sure why...), and more water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY GIRLY WHIRLY!
    It's been so long!

    That t-shirt-skirt combo is a little too awesome. And oly shiznat! You're GRADUATING! UBC next year? Come find me! ;)

    (AND OMFG VV 50% OFFF SALE MONDAY MAKES MY HEART RACE AND MY PALMS ALL SWEATY!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your skin! I'll have my fingers crossed for you :) I too had skin issues but luckily I've found some great products that really work for me - from makeup to skincare :)
    Hope everything works out for you!
    x

    Laura @ BNB
    theblogofobsessivecoolness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I have problem skin, too. Have you ever tried Queen Helene's Mint julep mask? It helps if you use it a couple times a week, and it's pretty gentle. Pretty cheap so worth a shot!

    And I'd love to exchange links! I'll get around to putting up your link later today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey :) you should definitely check out the queen helene mint julep scrub, it's really nice. your blog is super cute, please check out my makeup blog too when you have a moment

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...