7/15/11

GIF obsessed

You're probably thinking, "WTFFFFF MIMI Y U MAKE MY EYES HURT?!!!" but I know you loooove these animated GIFs as much as I do. Now.. I dunno what GIF actually stands for... so I will just call them Good-Image-Fun.

JOKES. I just Googled it, and it means "Graphics Interchange Format", and you can read more about it here. But that's way too boring.

Today I'll show you guys how I make mine. I'm an amateur, by the way. Don't expect profeshness.


HOW TO MAKE ANIMATED GIFs WITH PHOTOSCAPE

STEP 1
Download Photoscape. It's a free photo editing program, and one of my favourites. The user interface is simple and clean. Photoscape is a small file, won't mess up your computer, and it's easy to use. Cons: it might be too simple for some hardcore camwhores, who like to Photoshop themselves into different looking people. Photoscape has the bare minimum, but with creativity and a quick wrist, one can turn any boring old photo into something completely cool. For example (click to enlarge):
BEFORE



BEFORE
and
AFTER

AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE
AFTER
Alright I think you guys have got the idea hahah. It will take loads of practice though, trust me. But once you know Photoscape from the inside out, editing pictures will be a snap, and they'll turn out pretty cool!

STEP 2
Take lots of pictures. Buy a tripod if necessary. Or.. have someone gift you one (; Thanks Wendy and family!

Currently, I take all my own outfit and camwhore photos using an old Cyber-shot digital camera (my mom's old cam heh) and this Dynex 'Digital Series' tripod. Once I have the money, I will be purchasing a DLSR, you can bet on it. Might take me more than a couple years though... I'm just.. broke right now. ANYHOO.




STEP 3
Use your Photoscape!!! Create some sweet images with the Editor. Once you have your images, click on the 'Animated GIF' option on either the header or the icons on the homepage.
From there on, drag and drop your awesomely-edited images onto the page. Change the time or effect of the GIF if you like. Click that nice big SAVE button once you're satisfied!

STEP 4
Now.. onto the.. most.. awfully.. terribly... EASY STEP OF THEM ALL. MUAHAHAHAH. Cough. Okay, because Blogger somehow can't support the '.gif' image format, I upload every one of my animated GIFs onto Tinypic and then post them on my blog.

Use this HTML code to put the images into your Blogger. You'll have to click the 'Edit HTML' button next to the 'Compose' button to put the code in (remember to replace DIRECTLINKFORLAYOUTS with your image's direct link!):



AND VOILA. You've made your first (or first few) animated GIFs. Congrats! Are you not as obsessed with em as I am?!!!!

Okay, nightie night, my lovelies. I'm headed to Harrison Hot Springs today. I.. will sleep in the car.

P.S. ENTER MY $25 GIVEAWAY TO APOTHICA.COM! USE IT FOR COSMETICS, SKINCARE PRODUCTS, AND SO MUCH MORE!

5 comments:

  1. AINT THESE FANCY SHMANCY. It looks like you're in the FUTURE or something. It's way cool. I love these.

    ANd thanks for sharing your tricks! I'm such a fail with technology, but this looks so cool, that'll I'll HAVE to give it a go when boredom next ensues. Oooh.

    P.S. How did you get the FB icon thing on the side? I can't figure out a code. Yeah. Remember when I said I fail with technology? haha. Any assistance would be marvelous! :)

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These made me giggle!! You are way too cool. Now, I wanna try too. haha.
    Oh dear, thank you for that amazing comment! I wish you a wonderful weekend!


    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO INCREDIBLE! Wish it was compatible with mac == hmmp. Oh well, I shall just admire your work from afar *admires* I just googled Claire's (shows how much of a shopaholic I am) and it looks so awesome, spending 40 there can totally be justified...you just got new piercings...right?

    xx Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. > : D Fellow Photoscaper ~
    Awesome tutorial you have here.

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...