12/23/11

strange girl

Lace tee: American Apparel (warehouse sale), $18
Jeans: Bongo brand, Urban Planet, $20
Boots: thrifted @ Value Village, $8-10
Black shoulder bag: thrifted @ Salvation Army, $6.99

Sorry for the absence, lovelies. I'm currently in the process of recording a foundation routine video and writing a review of the Beauty Express eyebrow kit by Anastasia Beverley Hills. I'm at home for the next 2 weeks, but there's still parties to attend, family gatherings, gifts to wrap, shopping to do, hair to redye (pink fades quickly!).

My skin is my biggest insecurity. Some good lighting, a ton of makeup, and sneaky editing tricks may conceal every little bump and zit and the redness, but in reality, I have terrible, irritable, oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Filming this foundation routine is tough for me, but I want girls to know that not everybody has flawless skin. In fact, 99% of people do not have perfect skin, and that's perfectly fine. Makeup is great for covering up these blemishes, but you have to accept yourself and your skin once the makeup's all washed off.

Oh, I might also record another cover. It's a song by one of the greatest bands in the world.

8 comments:

  1. Aw you look so different but amazing!!!
    I love your hair! And that lippie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you're getting more and more gorgeous...no fair! Can't wait for the foundation post and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing, your eyelashes look so pretty and your ombre hair is gorgeous.

    we all have your insecurities,good for your for filming if its hard for you! accepting your flaws makes you more beautiful

    merry christmas sweets xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking great .Best of luck for Vid.

    Visit my blog and follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to make a random guess.. and say it's "strange girl" :D
    Your skin is in a pretty bad condition I admit.. but I've also seen you with awesome skin so I'm sure it's reversible. Besides, you're mad fabulous beautiful regardless of skin. (inside and out baby ;D)

    Ok. I agree you're pretty good at drawing false lashes. I'll let you do it for me next time :P

    And we'll dye our hair together! You've gotta help me pick out a colour.

    Mad love,
    Merry christmas,
    Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi, you're amazing, really :)

    So beautiful :O

    http://someday-photography.blogspot.com/
    that's my blog, hope you like it and comment!:*

    love love love


    lara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this page.. My wife and I only just referenced your prized website on this website. I simply recognize the actual focus is in fact not as enjoyable as your site, yet the application is truly an relevant concept for myself.My current web blog is generally concerning . In the instance that you at any time check-out our web page, be sure to feel free to leave me a opinion. Many thanks once more pertaining to the remarkable information.

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...