2/11/12

Young Hollywood: Hailee Steinfeld

1, 2, 3, 4
Hailee Steinfeld was chosen to play the part of Mattie Ross, spunky heroine in True Grit (the film of which she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the 83rd Academy Awards) out of tens of thousands of girls. She is 15, fresh, and the new face of Miu Miu. The Miu Miu campaign may have stirred up some controversy, but not for the usual reason.

Hailee has been cast as Juliet Capulet in an upcoming adaptation of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, a film I'm looking forward to.

Her style is easy, effortless, and very fashion-conscious.
When I was 15, I married my best friend... on Facebook. For the next year or so, I had to explain to everyone that we were not actually dating. In all reality, I had no feelings for him. It was cute to see our names together on a social website, and even cuter to call each other pet names (some endearing, others -- not so much). I couldn't even imagine myself in a real relationship with a boy, though I would fall in love with many at a time.

Then I created a blog.

CLICK TO READ MY PREVIOUS YOUNG HOLLYWOOD POST.

P.S. Have you entered my giveaway for a free 1 month sub to Fotolia?

10 comments:

  1. Hailee Steinfeild is like my role model. Is it socially acceptable to place someone much younger than you on a pedestal? Oh well, she was nominated for an Oscar!

    I had no idea she was playing Juliet! Oh my gosh, how PERFECT, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! I mean, we were cute too at 15 but honestly, I can't see either of us rocking her style when we were that young. =.= I think... I wore graphic tee, flared jeans and runners everyday. Now? Try to catch me in runners LOL (PUN)

    teehee
    Mad love,
    Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Grit was great, but I'm not a fan of this girl's style. /: It'll be interesting to see how her stint with Miu Miu goes...

    - xo

    FOSSILEYES.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...controversy? Wow how incredibly rediculous

    Bright Green Laces

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never heard of her but she is really cute! i love the dress she is wearing. nude heels have been a recent obsession of mine. i think they look darling on her :D

    social media relationships! lol i must be old. i dont think we had facebook back when i was 15 hahah!! a blog is a good transition.


    -Joyce
    carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute, i love this girl's style. I can't wait to see her get more and more into fashion. She's gonna be the new face of Prada, Louis Vuitton and YSL soon I'll bet!

    PS dexter is the best. who doesn't love a show that brings out your inner psycho killer??

    xx Raez

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh, I love her already! Her role in True Grit was great, I really liked watching that movie. I hope she won't grow up too fast, and I am too looking forward to that new Romeo & Juliet story/movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your blog has so many amazing pictures on it, cute post xx poppymale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm creeping your comments... <3

Twitter: @svnnyc
Instag: @nobangsclub

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...